Thursday, June 27, 2013

On My Adoption Playlist..."So Far to Find You" by Casting Crowns

"So Far to Find You" isn't a typical adoption song. But I love it. I love the beautiful story behind the song. Mark Hall, the lead singer of Casting Crowns, tells the story behind the song like this:
 
"I wrote this song for Meeka Hope, our little girl whom we adopted from China. Steven Curtis Chapman and I wrote it together. When we traveled to China to get Meeka Hope, Steven’s wife, Mary Beth, accompanied us. We took all our kids and they got to play with their new sister, which was great. But Meeka Hope didn’t want me to hold her. Most white men that Chinese orphans see are doctors coming to do surgery on them. She was petrified of me.
 
"Only after a tearful session of pouring out my heart to God about Meeka Hope’s refusal to come to me did I realize that I often had done the same thing to my Lord. It took several weeks before Meeka Hope warmed up to me, and in the process I came to the realization that I need Jesus way more than his blessings. We are so quick to run to him for what he can do for us. We’re so slow just to sit with him and enjoy in his presence, and my crying out to him in China was really a God moment for me.
 
"The lyrics speak toward Meeka Hope, but the parallels of God reaching out to bring us home to him are evident throughout the song. We enjoy our relationship with God only because of how far Jesus was willing to go for us. To him be the glory."
 
Listen and Enjoy!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing, Katie! What a beautiful song. I had not heard of this one, but I loved it and I am downloading now!

    ReplyDelete