Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Favorite Adoption Resource

The transition period after any international adoption is finalized can be hard, especially for the children - adjusting to a new family member, new customs, new foods, a whole new way of life. On top of all that change is often a language barrier.

I came across this resource a few months back. I had to share it with you all - introducing Phrases for Children! Language CDs with over 100 phrases especially for adopting families to smooth out the communication in those first few had weeks. I ordered the Bulgarian CD and I love, love, love it! I listen to it in my car to and from work all the time. I am learning to say "I love you," "Are you hungry?", "Time to go to bed," and so much more in Bulgarian. You should have heard me trying to pronounce the words at first...but I am getting much better!

This would also make a great gift for a family you know who is adopting!

Available languages include:

Russian


Ukrainian (Plus Russian)


Bulgarian    


For more information and to here samples visit Phrases for Children's website.


No comments:

Post a Comment